WHAT IS UNICA?
- A 100% herbal preparation that repells mosquitoes/ midgets/ flys-both- the day and night dwellers
- Comes in 3 different aroma-as per individuals likings and needs.
- Maintains reduced/ germ free air in office/ home(room freshner)-tested.
- Boosts up the immune system.
- Sooths- Respiratory and Sleep Disorder.
- Refreshes the Mind/ Mood/ and the Environment
Nine Essential oils and solvent:
Neem, Tulsi, Citronella, Lavender, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Lemongrass, Patchouli, Almond.
TESTED FOR FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
- Mosquito repellent activity
- Sleep disorder & Disturbance in kids
- Respiratory problems and Common cold
- Air Bourne microbes
INITIAL R&D TEST RESULTS ON HEALTH & HYGIENE
Mosquito repellent activities of Unica:
- Tested on 5 healthy human volunteers in a 200 open room.
- Tested in high mosquito prone areas in different parts of india.
- Room with no- repellent= average 4 bites per hour/ person.
- Room with commercial chemical insecticide repellent= average 1 bite per hour/ person.
- UNICA= average less than one bite per hour/ person+ shoothing aroma +health benefits.
Tested against mosquitoes causing malaria, dengue, chikungunya with 96% validated efficacy
HEALTH BENEFITS OF UNICA:
- Friendly to asthma patients-tested on 10 patients- with 9 positive feedbacks, one lost for follow up, after 3 months
- Tested on 5 patients with common cold- all recovered within 3 days, very low fever , less headaches, congestion, throat irritations observed
- All reported experiencing better sleep at night.
- Insomnia partients reported soothing effects and helped improve sleep on prolonged use over 10 nights.
- In small kids (Aged between 2.5-4 years) lesser sleep disturbances at night, less illness like common cold & flu as compared to untreated group of children.
HYGIENIC EFFECTS OF UNICA
Effects on air-borne microbes:
- Evaluated In a 200 sq ft area closed room/office
- In a normal room ie., without any mosquito repellents/ Air freshener, average number of microbial colonies observed on sterile nutrient-agar plates exposed to air=30-40.
- In a room with commercially available repellents, average colony numbers is about 25(plates exposed after 60 min of using the repellent)
- After 60 min of using UNICA, the average number of microbial colonies reduced to =12-20
UNICA effects on Pregnant women & children:
- No harmful effects on pregnant women and children
- No harmful chemical pesticide
- Stress reliever
- Pleasant sleep and helping overall rejuvenation
Unica is a product with herbal oils, organic solvents and base oil composition which acts as a herbal mosquito repellent as well as a health care product to reduce or not to enhance the respiratory tract disorders like Cold, Cough, Asthma, Bronchitis & Flu. Since the compositions are herbal in appropriate manner there will be no side affects and doesn’t affect ones health.
3,500 species of mosquito occupy almost every continent. And interestingly, all the bloodsuckers from the several hundred species that feed on humans are female, adult mosquitoes of both sexes obtain nourishment for basic metabolism and flight by feeding on plant juices and nectar from flowers. The female mosquito is solely responsible for biting; the females of most species require a blood meal for egg development. They not only bite people, but also obtain blood from birds, mammals, reptiles or amphibians.
Mosquitoes are by far the most dangerous animals on earth. It is hard to comprehend the amount of disease and the resulting sickness, death, and economic loss caused by the mosquito. Some scientists estimate between 500 and 700 million people get malaria worldwide each year. They are attracted to humans by the smell of carbon dioxide, sweat, lactic acid, octenol as well as body heat. Octenol is what gives blood its metallic smell It can drink three times its weight in blood and it would take 1.2 million bites to drain the average sized human The itchiness of their bite is caused by the chemicals found in their saliva. A person who is pestered and bitten by mosquitoes has an impaired state of health. Individuals and their families are often kept from outdoor recreation and activities due to nuisance mosquito populations. The bite or multiple bites resulting from mosquitoes can cause varying levels of discomfort from a slight itch to a severe allergic reaction.
Mosquitoes cause a huge medical and financial burden by spreading Malaria, yellow fever, dengue fever, Japanese encephalitis, Rift Valley fever, Chikungunya virus and West Nile virus.
Prolonged use Increases incidences of asthma and persistent wheezing in children.Studies reveals that burning of one mosquito coil for 2 hours PM2.5 produced was the equivalent of that from burning 75–137 cigarettes (the formaldehyde produced was the equivalent of 51 cigarettes).Potential of pyrethroids, such as sumithrin and permethrin, to disrupt normal hormone activity and influence cellular pathways.
HERBAL ESSENTIAL OILS BENEFICAL EFFECTS AND REPELLENT NATURE.
Tulsi helps in building up has been used for gastric disorders, cough, common colds, malaria, headaches, cure of upper respiratory tract infections, bronchitis, skin infections and earache. Tulsi is good for heart, stimulates digestion, reduces breathing difficulties, Tulsi oil shows larvicidal activity against malarial larva, Tulsi acts as insect repellant it has antiviral, antibacterial, antitubercular, antifungal, antimalarial properties.
Neem is widely advertised as a natural alternative to DEET , and it has been tested for repellency against range of arthropods of medical importance, with variable results ,Neem is effective against approximately 500 pests, including insects, mites, ticks and nematodes. Thus neem is a cheap alternative for pest control.
Essential oils and extracts from citronella are commonly used as ingredients of plant-based mosquito repellents, Citronella was originally extracted for use in perfumery. It was used by the Indian Army to repel mosquitoes at the beginning of the 20thcentury. Today, citronella is one of the most widely used natural repellents on the market, used at concentrations of 5-10%. Citronella-based repellents only protect from host-seeking mosquitoes for about two hours although formulation of the repellent is very important.
Lemongrass has been found to help in recovery of the common cold and flu, reducing fevers, cramps, flatulence and arthritic pain as well as aid digestion especially in children. It has been used in Chinese medicine for a very long time. Citral is the main element in lemongrass, which gives it its fresh lemon scent and repels insects.
Patchouli Essential Oil can be attributed to its properties like anti depressant, anti phlogistic, anti septic, aphrodisiac, astringent, cicatrisant, cytophylactic, deodorant, diuretic, febrifuge, fungicide, insecticide, sedative and tonic. The strong sweet, spicy and musky aroma of this essential oil keeps away body odour.
Eucalyptus oil can be as effective as an insect repellent as commercial products, according to the University of Arizona Cooperative Extension. Eucalyptus oil is the most effective herbal insect protection available and works as well and lasts as long as repellents that contain low levels of the chemical DEET. Eucalyptus oil is an ingredient in many herbal insect repellents. Aromatherapy helps in Asthma, Bronchitis, Cough, Throat Infections, Cold and Flu.
Peppermint is known to be a natural insect decongestant, expectorant, antiviral and astringent properties of Peppermint may help soothe sore throats and relieve dry cough, cold and nasal congestion. For nasal congestion, sinusitis, cold, flu and asthma, Menthol in Peppermint thins the mucus, lubricates the respiratory tract and helps bring out the thick and dried phlegm from the lungs and bronchi.
Camphor has been used in various concentrations for temporary relief of various URI symptoms. Camphor oil is to alleviate respiratory conditions such as coughing and congestion. Used to treat cold sores, insect bites, itchiness, eczema, chapped lips and minor burns . Camphor used as an insect repellent.